On August 1, 2013 I left my homestate of Michigan and headed west to Colorado. I started this blog as a way of keeping my friends and family in touch with my mile-high adventures, as well as my new life in dental school.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Colorado Flooding

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes!  The flooding here was the worst I've ever seen in my life, but luckily the area I'm in was spared from the worst of it.  School was closed early on the worst day, when the dental school started flooding, but the rain let up shortly after and the water was able to be cleared.

The lawn in front of the dental school flooded with 2+ feet of water, which eventually led to clinics closing, and eventually the whole dental school closing.  Some of my classmates brought pool floaties... hey, when life gives you lemons!


Many of the roads were closed in the area around the school and my apartment, and the ones that were open had up to 2ft of water on them.  Many cars were submerged on the sides of the roads because they couldn't clear the water.  I'm so glad it was Camille's week to drive, since she has a truck and there's no way my car would've made it.


 Much of the flooding was caused by rivers and lakes overflowing, which caused a lot of the dams on the front range to break.  Luckily, Aurora is about an hour's drive from Boulder, which was the most heavily damaged area.  While it might've been fun getting out of school early and playing in the streets, everyone is praying for the displaced families and those who lost loved ones in the floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment